See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chocolate Cherry Cake (Raw of course)

On Sunday I decided to unbake a cake. I found a recipe on a friends blog http://www.nakedfoodcafe.blogspot.com and adapted it to suit my ingredients. This is what it came out like.

The base and top for the cake were made from 3 cups dates and 3 cups of brazil nuts and a tablespoon of cocoa powder. I processed them in a food processer with half a cup of water then shaped into two rounds on a greaseproof tray which I put in the freezer for about an hour, till firm.
The filling and topping were 3 cups cherries, 3 tbsps cocoa, 1 cup ground cashews, 2 tbsps honey all whizzed up together. I also put fresh cherries in the middle and on top.
It was so delicious and rich. I'll definatly be doing more unbaking. Thanks for getting me started Connie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suz, I saw your post on RF Living and followed your link. I was thinking, wow, I made a chocolate cake this week-end, too, great minds must think alike! LoL! I am so glad you used the Naked Food Cafe post to create your own masterpiece. It looks delicious! We are still eating ours. Raw pastries are so much fun to make and so impressive to serve!

Big Hugs!
Connie