Yesterday I spent quite alot of time uncooking, I wasn't feeling in a good mood in the morning and found the food preparation very relaxing. These are the things I made.
1. Sprouted wheat and tomato flat bread / pizza base.
2. Sprouted wheat, onion and poppy seed flat bread.
3. Aubergine marinated in garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Courgetti with red pepper, basil and nettle pesto and chopped tomatoes.
5. Sprouted wheat pulao 'rice' with raisins and cashews.
6. Courgette cardamon curry.
7. Aubergine, coconut curry.
8. Stinging nettle and coriander curry.
9. Semi dried tomatoes
10. Courgette rings marinated in garlic and chilli and semi dried.
We had the courgettti for lunch, the older kids ate theirs with some protest, Gwilym kept asking for more and yum yumed his way through. We then had some cooked pea soup and garlic mushrooms.
Yesterday evening was a disaster, Flo, Eben and Griff had been swimming and got back late and were tired. Neither kids ate their curries and Griff just ate his with no comment then stuffed on paté, bread and cheese. Gwilym loved the 'rice'. I thought it was all delicious, even the nettle curry which was a fun experiment and one I will do again.
Today I intend to turn the tomato pizza base into a pizza with the semi dried toms and courgettes together with other bits and pieces. I will also purée the marinated aubergine to have with the onion bread. I will serve all that with the white sausages that Griff and the kids bought yesterday. That shows a great improvement in my mood as last night I was going to have all the yummy raw food and they were just getting sausage and potatoes!